Healthy, dairy-free and super tasty - what's not to love about these cookies! They are soft, chewy and easy to make. You can easily make this recipe your own by adding raisins, cranberries, pistachios or whatever your heart desires to these delicious cookies!
- 130 g Dairy-free butter
- 110 g Palm sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100 g Oats
- 145 g Plain flour
- 300 g Dairy-free or dark chocolate
- 75 g Almonds roughly chopped
- 100 g Dairy-free chocolate
- 40 g Almonds finely chopped
- Using an electric whisk, mix together your dairy-free butter and sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in the oats and flour until well combined and it all holds together.
- Add your dairy-free chocolate and chopped almonds and mix well.
- Cover your mixture with a damp muslin or tea towel and leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While your mixture is chilling in the fridge, preheat your oven to 190°C or Gas Mark 5.
- Remove your mixture and using a spoon, scoop out roughly 2 tbsp amounts that form small mounds/discs onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Leave at least a 1 inch space between cookies to allow for spreading.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Once cooked, leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once your cookies have cooled you can decorate them if you wish.
- Melt your dairy-free chocolate by breaking it up and placing it in a heat proof bowl placed over a pan of hot water - ensuring the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Mix until melted.
- Finely chop your almonds.
- Drizzle your melted chocolate over your cookies and sprinkle the almonds on top. Leave to cool and then they’re ready to eat!