You need to try this super easy one pan baked pancake which is perfect for sharing. Topped with a delicious part butter, part yoghurt cream frosting and finished with a generous handful of walnuts.
- 700ml walnut milk (or preferred non-dairy milk)
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1 1/4 cup stoneground wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup fine oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- Juice of 1 orange
- Pinch of salt
- 75g yoghurt
- 75g unsalted butter
- 75g powdered cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, chia seeds, oats, mixed spice, a pinch of salt.
- Add milk - whisk until combined.
- Add maple syrup - whisk until combined.
- Fold in grated carrots until evenly combined.
- Heat oven proof pan on a medium heat with a little oil or butter.
- Pour mixture in and leave to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Place pan in to the oven and leave to cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk butter and yoghurt on high for 10 minutes.
- Gradually add powdered cane sugar and continue to whisk for 5 minutes until well combined. Cover and set aside.
- Once your base has finished cooking, remove it from the oven and leave it to cool in the pan.
- Once cooled, remove from pan and place on serving plate. Add whipped topping and sprinkle with a handful of chopped walnuts. Slice and serve.