If you're looking for plant based, vegan pancakes without bananas, this recipe is a must and easily adaptable between sweet and savoury dishes. We went for sweet pancakes, serving them with our organic mulberries, agave syrup and some dairy free coconut ice-cream. A true Forrist favourite; we know it'll become one of yours.
- 200g Spelt flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- Pinch of ground Himalayan salt
- 3 tbsp Chia seeds
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 cup Cashew milk
- 1.5 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Star anise
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place milk and star anise in pan slowly bring to boil, remove from heat. Remove star anise and mix in maple syrup, ACV and vanilla extract. Set aside
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and create a well in the middle. Pour milk mixture in and mix until combined.
- Cover with a damp teal towel and set aside for 10 minutes
- Place ingredients in a blender for a smooth batter (if you prefer the ‘crunch’ of chia seeds, skip this step)
- Cook in batches over medium heat in a lightly oiled pan.
- Flip when bubbles appear in the middle of each pancake and edges appear dry and cooked.
- Top with ice cream, mulberries, crunchy muesli & agave syrup