Quick and easy this avocado on toast is perfect at any time of the day. Garnish with a wide range of toppings to maximise the flavour.
Makes: 1 portion.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 + ¼ cup cooked peas
- 2 tsp white miso
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Hunter and gather avocado oil or any cold-pressed oil you have to hand. Add another tbsp of water if you prefer to omit completely
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 slices of Artisan brown sourdough bread, toasted
- Za’atar or Dukkah
- Chilli flakes
- Black or white sesame seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Feel free to mix up the topping
- Keep back ¼ cup peas and the spring onion.
- Bung the remaining avocado ingredients into a small blender, blend till smooth, adding more water if needed.
- Mix in the leftover ¼ cup peas and spring onions.
- Dollop the avocado mix onto the toasted bread and sprinkle on the toppings.
Thanks for the lovely recipe Loretta!