Roasted beets, exquisitely seasoned and delicately prepared for a delicious hummus that you can enjoy with every meal.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g cooked or roasted beetroot (drained)
- 425 g of pre cooked chickpeas
- 1 large zested lemon
- 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 heaped tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Gently toast the cumin seeds in a small dry pan for 2 minutes.
- After cooking your beets, once cooled and peeled, dice them and place in a food processor along with all the remaining ingredients and blend until desired consistency, either smooth or with chunky bits.
- Taste and add more seasoning if required for taste and if the consistency is too thick, add water to reduce.
- Use the hummus as a dip, spread for sandwiches and wraps or use as an addition to your salad.
- Keep in the fridge for 3-5 days or freeze.