This granola is great in the morning, consisting of a mixture of oats, nuts and sweeteners such as maple syrup.
Serves: 20 small portions
- 300 g oats (or a mix of flakes and oats, gluten free if intolerant)
- 200 g nuts and seeds, coarsely chopped
- 50 g coconut, grated or in flakes
- 5 tbsp chia seeds (other seeds like linseeds, sesame will work as well)
- 2 tsp spices (cinnamon, ginger, cardamom)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive or coconut oil
- 4 tbsp sweetener (agave, rice, coconut or maple syrup)
- 200 g unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat oven 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Blend the liquid ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Turn out and spread the granola in an even and compact layer on the baking tray.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Check at around 15 minutes and turn the granola over breaking it in big chunks using the baking paper.
- Bake for another 5 minutes and break again in smaller chunks.
- Bake until nicely golden.
- Allow to cool completely before eating or putting in a container.
- Dry fruit can be added when completely cold.
Thanks for the lovely recipe Cecile!