July 09, 2021
Vegan Creamy Korma
Thick and creamy, this vegan korma goes well with basmati rice and a side of homemade bread to mop up the sauce.
Makes: 4 portions.
- 2 packs (400 g plain tempeh, diced. I used Tiba Tempeh)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ tbsp ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 tsp garam masala
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, optional
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- Squidge of lime
- Fresh coriander
- Desiccated coconut
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Bung in the onion and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add in the garlic and ginger, cook till fragrant, around 1-2 minutes.
- Add in tomato puree and spices, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Throw in the cashews, coconut milk, almond milk and maple syrup. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Tip in a blender and blitz till completely smooth.
- Bung the sauce back into the saucepan. Add a squidge of lime and tempeh pieces, simmer for 5 minutes or until the tempeh is warmed through. The sauce is meant to be pretty thick but add in more almond milk to thin down slightly if needed.
- Whack into bowls and top with toppings.
- Keeps up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Can be frozen - defrost in a fridge overnight and reheat stirring gently.
Thanks for the lovely recipe Loretta!